Monday, April 8, 2013

Winter Greens - Harvest Monday

All winter we have had wonderful greens. I have had this box covered all and the spinach and lettuce have loved their little grow house. I took their cover off last week and ended up having to put it back on for the last three nights. Hopefully we have seen our last freeze and I will be able to toss the cover into the storage building.

 
We love cooked mixed greens with a little bacon, onion and garlic. I need to plant a new bed of greens since this one will grow something new this spring. I am still playing with my garden plan but I will hopefully have the plan finished soon - If school and life will let me.
 
Go over to Daphne's Dandelions to see what everyone else is harvesting!

4 comments:

  1. Your greens look delicious. I must put in a cold frame, I would love to have fresh lettuce & greens year round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved my fresh greens and carrots this winter. I will grow more next winter.

      Delete
  2. Those greens look wonderful. I keep looking at mine in the garden and I wonder when I should start picking it. Everything looks so small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started picking when they were really small back in November but I planted way to many in the bed. I always over plant! :)

      Delete