Friday, May 3, 2013

Freezes and a Proud Mommy

Last night we were 27 degrees.
In May.
In Southern New Mexico.
 
 
Everything was covered and hopefully I didn't loose very many plants. We should be in the upper 40's or the 50's  at night, so every perennial I own has already come up. It just needs to warm up and stay warm. According to the three weather sites I check, we should be finished with freezes. I hope they are right.
 
 
 
Now a little proud Mommy moment. Dallas made Abbit again (A's and B's Because I Tried). He has made Abbit in both English and Spanish all year. Every class he has taken since Kindergarten has been taught in English and Spanish. Twice the homework but he has thrived in the program.
 
He has decided that he wants to be a 'Normal' kid next year. No dual language program. Less homework and more fun time. I am worried that it will be too easy for him, but the school says it will work with him. I just want him to be happy.

Now I am off to work in the garden. Everything has to be uncovered and I have a lot of plants to get into the ground. I hope everyone has a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment